Wat Thai of Los Angeles offers Buddhist wedding ceremony services for Bride and Groom.
The parents Bride and Groom, whom are responsible for scheduling the Buddhist wedding ceremony at Wat Thai of Los Angeles, should next meet with the temple office to reserve the auspicious day and schedule a time. (Because Thai people usually believe the auspicious day/time in the propitious ceremony). The temple officer will book the reservation on the schedule book list. We will need to know the following before the wedding ceremony:
- Bride and groom’s name
- The number of family and guests attending the ceremony
- The preparation of food guests attending the ceremony
- The number of monks requested for the ceremony (i.e. 5,7,or 9 monks)
- Flower requests for decoration in the ceremony
The temple will provide the wedding venue, chairs, chair wedding set, and signboard name in English or Thai of your choosing.
After reserving the date/time for the auspicious ceremony, there are further requirements that the hosts have to prepare for the wedding ceremony:
- The flowers for decoration in the ceremony
- The wedding lei for Bride and Groom
- The offering sets for all the monks participating in the ceremony
- Food protocol for offering in the arm bowl (Tak baat) (but is not necessary)
The cost for the Buddhist wedding ceremony at Wat Thai of Los Angeles is not required; it is traditionally made by donation by the host.